Pot Roast, Italian Style1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
4 lbbeef chuck pot roast
2 Tbspcooking fat
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 conion, chopped
6 oztomato paste
8 oztomato sauce
1/2 cdry red wine
2beef bouillon, cubes
1/2 chot water
1 lbspaghetti, uncooked
·parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Pot Roast, Italian Style
- In a dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Pour off fat drippings.
- Add onion, carrots and celery; cook until vegetables are lightly browned, stirring often.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, wine, bouillon, sugar, basil and oregano; mix well.
- Return meat to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours, or until done. (Or cook in a 325 oven for same amount of time.)
- Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout.
- When done, remove meat to a platter and keep warm.
- Skim excess fat.
- If sauce is a little too thin, simmer, uncovered, until it is of desired thickness.
- Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti and drain.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Slice meat and spoon a little sauce over it.