Pot Roast In Barbecue Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 lbbeef chuck pot roast
2 Tbspcooking fat
·salt and pepper to taste
1/4 conion, chopped
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 tspmustard, prepared
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Pot Roast In Barbecue Sauce
- In a dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Pour off fat drippings.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Return meat to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until done (or cook in a 325 oven for same amount of time).
- Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout and baste with sauce.
- Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- When meat is done, remove and keep warm.
- Skim excess fat from sauce.
- Slice meat, and serve sauce separately.