Pot Roast In Au Jus
- 2 pkg
- au jus gravy mix
- 6 c
- healthy splashes of balsamic vinegar
- healthy splashes of worcestershire sause
- 3 lbs beef chuck blade roast
- 2 Tbsp
- rosemary, copped
- 12 clove
- garlic, roughly chopped
- carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- celery stalks, cut into 2 inch pieces
- medium yellow onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5-6 small
- russet potatoes, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp
How to Make Pot Roast In Au Jus
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2In a large bowl combine au jus gravy mix, water, worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- 3Heat an extra large dutch oven to medium high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper. Coat your pan with oil and add the roast, sear meat on bolth sides about 5 minutes per side. Remove roast from pan and set aside.
- 4Reduce the heat of the pan to medium. Add the carrots, celery, onions and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly golden and the bits at the bottom of the pan have released, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary and red pepper flake. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- 5Remove half of the veggie mixture and set aside. Add the roast back to the pan and cover with the vaggies you set aside.
- 6Pour in enough of the au jus mixture to come about 3/4 of the way up the roast, If you have extra liquid you can add it in the last 30 minutes of cooking or save it for reheating.
- 7Cover the pot tightly with foil and cover with lid. Bake for 2 1/2-3 hours until the meat is falling off the bone and the potatoes are tender.