★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbbeef chuck roast, trimmed
1 pkgonion soup mix
1carrot, cut into 3 pieces
2celery stalks, chopped
How to Make Pot Roast - CrockPot
- Brown the meat and the vegetables, for the gravy to have more flavor, although it\'s not necessary.
- Place the meat into the crockpot, then the vegetables; sprinkle on the onion soup mix and pour water over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Once the meat is done, if you want to thicken the gravy, remove the meat and vegetables from the pot and place them on a serving platter.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons flour and 2-3 tablespoons water to make a paste; whisk the paste into the hot liquid until thickened.
- You may want to put the temperature on high when you make the gravy.
- Freeze the leftovers or make other dishes with it (burritos, noodle casseroles, enchiladas, etc).