★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 pkg
- onion soup mix
- 2.5 c
- onion, sliced
- carrot, cut into 3 pieces
- celery stalks, chopped
- garlic clove
- red potatoes
How to Make Pot Roast - CrockPot
- 1Brown the meat and the vegetables, for the gravy to have more flavor, although it\'s not necessary.
- 2Place the meat into the crockpot, then the vegetables; sprinkle on the onion soup mix and pour water over the top.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 4Once the meat is done, if you want to thicken the gravy, remove the meat and vegetables from the pot and place them on a serving platter.
- 5Mix together 2 tablespoons flour and 2-3 tablespoons water to make a paste; whisk the paste into the hot liquid until thickened.
- 6You may want to put the temperature on high when you make the gravy.
- 7Freeze the leftovers or make other dishes with it (burritos, noodle casseroles, enchiladas, etc).