Pot Roast Braised With Mushrooms N Onions, Sunday dinner, By Freda
Guaranteed, Your gonna love this one.
You can also use a cup of beer in this for added Flavor if you have it on hand. If Not Beef Broth works very well.
Its in the oven cooking soon as its done will have a finished Photo.
- 4 slices
- bacon diced
- 1 1/2 Lg
- onion chopped ( lots of onion)
- 1 can
- (6-8oz) sliced mushrooms, or fressh if you prefer
- (about 3-4 lbs) pot roast or chuck roast. or similar type roast.
- 1/2 C
- 1 Tbs
- montreal steal seasoning or ( option; your favorite grill seasoning)
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt or (option; pdr, or fresh garlic)
- olive oil or veg. oil (for braising)
- 1 C
- beef broth ( note; 2 cups, if not using beer)
- 1 C
- beer (optional)
- 2 tbs left over flour and 1/4 c cold water mixed together
BRAISED POT ROAST, WITH MUSHROOMS & GRAVY
SEE STEPS IN "PHOTOS" ABOVE
How to Make Pot Roast Braised With Mushrooms N Onions, Sunday dinner, By Freda
- 1Preheat Oven @ 350.
- 2Dice bacon,
cook Bacon in Dutch oven on top of stove. (but not crispy.) Remove bacon and set aside.
Chop Onions, add to the same pan and cook, stir til just tender.
Add Mushrooms and toss and stir til tender.
remove from pan and set aside with the bacon.
NOTE: Drain excess grease and "set aside" incase you need more for Braising roast, then use it.
- 3combine the flour and Seasonings in a plate, Coat your roast well all sides.
- 4add enough oil(use leftover grease here) to dutch oven and heat to hot.
Add roast, and sear it brown on all sides.
Bacon, Onions, & Mushrooms back into the same pan, with the roast.
Broth and Beer, (or if not using beer,) add 2 cups of the broth, to this pot.
- 6Mix in small cup, 2 TBS left over seasoned Flour, with 1/4 cup COLD water, Whisk till no lumps, Pour into Dutch oven.
- 7Place cover on this pot and cook in oven 3-4 hrs. Meat should be fork tender.
Gravy should be thicken in the pan.
( Note: if too thick, add a little more Water or Broth to thin it down some.) you'll have perfect gravy and no lumps.
if You want more salt and pepper season to your own tastes.
Serve with Your Favorite Mashed Potatoes, Rice, Noodles, and vegie or Salad.
Compliments are always promissed to the cook on this meal.