POT ROAST BEEF STEW
(P.S.) The cook time is 1 1/4 hrs in oven, 5-6 minutes in microwave. There is currently a glitch in the program that will not let me enter the time correctly.
approx. 6 cleftover beef pot roast & veggies (carrots, potatoes etc.,) cut bite-size
1 to 1 1/2 cleftover juice/gravy from roast
2 to 3 smallpotatoes, medium diced
2 to 4baby carrots, sliced into coins
1beef bouillon cube, unwrapped
1 can(s)beef broth, divided
2 heaping Tbspall purpose flour
up to 1 Tbspsoy sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 to 3/4 cfrozen or fresh green peas
How to Make POT ROAST BEEF STEW
- **NOTE: Quantities of beef and veggies are approximate. It varies according to your specific amount of leftovers. If all of the potatoes or carrots were eaten, add a couple of extras, diced/sliced, to the microwave dish. Use your own good judgement for the right balance. Remember to be sure to taste for seasonings; add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Extra 1/4 can of broth may be used to thin gravy if too thick, or to combine with extra flour to thicken if too thin. If dish seems too full when all ingredients have been combined, spoon excess into small ovenproof dish.
- Cover with lid or wax paper; microwave on high power for 5 minutes, while preparing gravy base (see next step.)
- Quickly stir in the leftover juice/gravy from the pot roast.
- To heat to serving temperature, you have two choices, fast or slow.
- Fast: Cover dish, microwave on high power until scalding hot, gently stirring occasionally (approximately 5-6 minutes.)