Portugese Kale Soup
2 largebeef shank
2 pkgportugese chourico, sliced
1 largebundle fresh kale, washed and chopped
1 Tbspblack pepper
1 tspcrushed red pepper
5 largefresh carrot, peeled and sliced
4 lbwhite potatoes
1 clovegarlic, chopped
How to Make Portugese Kale Soup
- Use an Extra Large, Tall Pan about 5 gallon size if you have it.
1. Put beef shank in bottom of empty pan.
- 2. Pour water over beef shank to cover and simmer on low to make a broth - about 30 min.
- 3. Add spices and simmer - about 30 min.
- 4. Fill pan 3/4 full with water, add Diced Potatoes and Carrots. Increase heat to slow boil until veg. are almost done.
- 5. Wash fresh kale well, chop and add to boiling pan.
- 6. Cover pan slightly and let slow boil until kale is done. Veggies should be done at this same time too, or continue to cook until Potatoes and Carrots are done.
- Remove Bone and Chop Beef to bite size pieces. Put beef back into the soup.
- That's it! Tear off a piece of bread (we do not like to use a knife to break bread) and enjoy.