Portugese Kale Soup
- 2 large
- beef shank
- 2 pkg
- portugese chourico, sliced
- 1 large
- bundle fresh kale, washed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper
- 5 large
- fresh carrot, peeled and sliced
- 4 lb
- white potatoes
- bay leaves
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
How to Make Portugese Kale Soup
- 1Use an Extra Large, Tall Pan about 5 gallon size if you have it.
1. Put beef shank in bottom of empty pan.
- 22. Pour water over beef shank to cover and simmer on low to make a broth - about 30 min.
- 33. Add spices and simmer - about 30 min.
- 44. Fill pan 3/4 full with water, add Diced Potatoes and Carrots. Increase heat to slow boil until veg. are almost done.
- 55. Wash fresh kale well, chop and add to boiling pan.
- 66. Cover pan slightly and let slow boil until kale is done. Veggies should be done at this same time too, or continue to cook until Potatoes and Carrots are done.
- 7Remove Bone and Chop Beef to bite size pieces. Put beef back into the soup.
- 8That's it! Tear off a piece of bread (we do not like to use a knife to break bread) and enjoy.