Pizza By The Yard
- 3 lb
- ground beef ( sirlon, your choice)
- 1 c
- diced onion
- 2 can(s)
- musroom slices rinsed 10-12 oz cans
- 2 can(s)
- tomato paste, italian lg cans refill cans with water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 medium
- green bell peppers sliced or rings
- 5 c
- mozzarella cheese grated
- can also use black olive slices reduce 1 can mushrooms
- iltallian bread loaves (yard long) shorter works too
How to Make Pizza By The Yard
- 1Brown crumbled ground beef in skillet and drain if necessary.
- 2Add tomato paste, onion, mushrooms and (olives if using) add water and stir , simmer til thicened.
- 3salt and pepper to taste if you did not use italian seasoned paste you can add italian spices also to taste.
- 4Slice loaves in half like a hot dog bun all the way through and place on cookie sheet. or 2 sheet pans.
- 5Spoon beef mix onto bread. Both loave you should have 4 pieces to cover with mixture. (or more if using smaller loaves) can sub itallian rolls if making for snacks or appitisers.
- 6smother with cheese and add strips of bell pepper.
- 7bake at 350 degrees til cheese melts and just starts to brown You won't have to tell them twice that dinner is ready. Enjoy!
- 8If you are freezing this do all steps but baking, cut loaves in half then split for ease in wrapping and storage. wrap with foil and plastic and freeze. to bake remove wrap place on cookie sheet and bake til hot throughout. Can be microwaved but I prefer Oven for crispy bread and cheese browing a little.