Pieczen Huzarska, (stuffed Hussar's pot roast)
the sweet onion stuffing is a treat for the taste buds and a nice change to the pot roast we all know and love.
- 2 1/2 lb
- round of beef in 1 piece
- 1/2 c
- cider vinegar
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- onion quartered
- 2 Tbsp
- dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 Tbsp
- butter melted
- 2 medium
- onions grated
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- flour to sprinkle over meat.
- stock as needed
How to Make Pieczen Huzarska, (stuffed Hussar's pot roast)
- 1pound meat well and scald with hot vinegar.
- 2brown in butter on all sides
- 3add stock and onion
- 4cover and simmer on low flame for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
- 51/2 hr before serving take meat from pan and cut crosswise into thin slices leaving every second slice not completely cut through.
- 6place dressing made by combining bread crumbs, butter, and onion and seasoning between the partially cut slices.
- 7skewer meat with tooth picks and return to pan.Sprinkle with Tbsp flour
- 8cook 1/2 hour more. If necessary add a little stock for the last cooking.