Pieczen Huzarska, (stuffed Hussar's pot roast)
the sweet onion stuffing is a treat for the taste buds and a nice change to the pot roast we all know and love.
2 1/2 lbround of beef in 1 piece
1/2 ccider vinegar
1 largeonion quartered
2 Tbspdry bread crumbs
1/2 Tbspbutter melted
2 mediumonions grated
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 Tbspflour to sprinkle over meat.
·stock as needed
How to Make Pieczen Huzarska, (stuffed Hussar's pot roast)
- pound meat well and scald with hot vinegar.
- brown in butter on all sides
- add stock and onion
- cover and simmer on low flame for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
- 1/2 hr before serving take meat from pan and cut crosswise into thin slices leaving every second slice not completely cut through.
- place dressing made by combining bread crumbs, butter, and onion and seasoning between the partially cut slices.
- skewer meat with tooth picks and return to pan.Sprinkle with Tbsp flour
- cook 1/2 hour more. If necessary add a little stock for the last cooking.