Piccadillo and White Rice
·1 1/2 pound groud beef (lean)
·1 1/4 t cumin
·1 1/4 t oregano
·4 cloves garlic, crushed
·1 large onion chopped small
·1 c tomato sauce
·3/4 c beef broth
·1 large green pepper chopped small
·3 small potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces
·green olives, pitted and halved (about 10 to 20 depending on taste)
·salt and pepper
·onion powder and garlic powder
·cooked white rice
How to Make Piccadillo and White Rice
- In a large pan, cook onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Mix together beef, salt pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Now add the beef mixture and stir together. Then add the beef broth and tomato sauce and combine.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the potatoes and cover pan again, cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Now add olives and cook uncovered until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve over cooked white rice with a side of plantains and cuban bread