Piccadillo and White Rice
- 1 1/2 pound groud beef (lean)
- 1 1/4 t cumin
- 1 1/4 t oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion chopped small
- 1 c tomato sauce
- 3/4 c beef broth
- 1 large green pepper chopped small
- 3 small potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces
- green olives, pitted and halved (about 10 to 20 depending on taste)
- salt and pepper
- onion powder and garlic powder
- cooked white rice
How to Make Piccadillo and White Rice
- 1In a large pan, cook onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- 2Mix together beef, salt pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and oregano.
- 3Now add the beef mixture and stir together. Then add the beef broth and tomato sauce and combine.
- 4Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Toss in the potatoes and cover pan again, cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- 6Now add olives and cook uncovered until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 7Serve over cooked white rice with a side of plantains and cuban bread