Perfect Roast Beef with a Garlic Crust
3 lbroast beef-no larger or cook time will be off
·salt & pepper to season the roast
NOTE: ANY CUT OF ROAST BEEF WORKS FINE WITH THIS RECIPE.
GARLIC CRUST INGREDIENTS
1 cfresh white breadcrumbs-white slice bread works fine
6 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
4 largecloves of garlic-crushed
3 Tbspfresh chopped parsley
1 tspkosher salt
How to Make Perfect Roast Beef with a Garlic Crust
- Season the roast beef with salt and pepper.
- Now make the garlic crust by heating the oil in a frying pan.
- Add Garlic and saute for 2 minutes, stirring. Then
mix in breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and black pepper
- Allow mixture to cool, then press this mixture onto the seasoned roast beef. This should be enough to cover just the top and sides of the roast.
- Preheat oven to 500*
- Bake UNCOVERED for exactly 23 minutes. This cooking time will give you a medium/well roast, as in the picture. If you want it more or less cooked adjust the cooking time. For medium/rare 15 minutes.
- Shut oven off and DO NOT open door for 1 hour (important)
- Take roast out and let it rest for 15 minutes, covered.
- Then just slice and serve.