Perfect Roast Beef with a Garlic Crust
- 3 lb
- roast beef-no larger or cook time will be off
- salt & pepper to season the roast
- 1 c
- fresh white breadcrumbs-white slice bread works fine
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 large
- cloves of garlic-crushed
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
NOTE: ANY CUT OF ROAST BEEF WORKS FINE WITH THIS RECIPE.
GARLIC CRUST INGREDIENTS
How to Make Perfect Roast Beef with a Garlic Crust
- 1Season the roast beef with salt and pepper.
- 2Now make the garlic crust by heating the oil in a frying pan.
- 3Add Garlic and saute for 2 minutes, stirring. Then
mix in breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and black pepper
- 4Allow mixture to cool, then press this mixture onto the seasoned roast beef. This should be enough to cover just the top and sides of the roast.
- 5Preheat oven to 500*
- 6Bake UNCOVERED for exactly 23 minutes. This cooking time will give you a medium/well roast, as in the picture. If you want it more or less cooked adjust the cooking time. For medium/rare 15 minutes.
- 7Shut oven off and DO NOT open door for 1 hour (important)
- 8Take roast out and let it rest for 15 minutes, covered.
- 9Then just slice and serve.