Peppered Beef Skewers with Onion Horseradish1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3garlic cloves, mashed
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1 lbtop sirloin steak
1 lbred onions
1 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbspsalad oil
1 Tbspbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 cred wine vinegar
1/3 cwhite wine
How to Make Peppered Beef Skewers with Onion Horseradish
- In a bowl, mix garlic, soy and pepper.
- Cut beef into 1/4" thick strips about 3" long and mix with seasonings.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or up until the next day.
- Weave slender skewers through the meat, keeping strips flat.
- Place on a grill 4-6" above a solid bed of hot coals (you can hold your hand at grill level for only 2-3 seconds).
- Turn to brown evenly, about 4 minutes.
- Serve meat, on or off skewers, with marmalade.
- ONION-HORSERADISH MARMALADE: In a 10-12" frying pan over medium-high heat, mix onions, olive or salad oil and brown sugar.
- Cover; stir occasionally until any juices have evaporated and onion is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar, white wine and horseradish; stir often, uncovered, until liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes.
- Serve warm, or cool and if made ahead, let cool, cover, and chill up to 3 days (makes about 1 cup).