★★★★★ 3 votes5
3 Tbspsoy sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
1 lbbeef sirloin tips, cut into strips
2green bell peppers, sliced
1/4 ccold water
1/8 ccanola oil
How to Make Pepper Steak with Onions
- Mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and salt and pepper to taste; add sirloin.
- Marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain sirloin; fry in small amount of hot oil over high heat until meat loses red color.
- Push to outer edge of pan.
- Add small amount of oil; cook onion, green peppers for 5 minutes.
- Make paste of 2 tablespoons cornstarch and water; stir in 1 teaspoon sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to sirloin mixture; cook stirring, until sauce is clear.
- Add green onions, remove from heat and serve.