★★★★★ 3 votes5
- 2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb
- beef sirloin tips, cut into strips
- onion, sliced
- green bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 c
- cold water
- 1/8 c
- canola oil
How to Make Pepper Steak with Onions
- 1Mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and salt and pepper to taste; add sirloin.
- 2Marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Drain sirloin; fry in small amount of hot oil over high heat until meat loses red color.
- 4Push to outer edge of pan.
- 5Add small amount of oil; cook onion, green peppers for 5 minutes.
- 6Make paste of 2 tablespoons cornstarch and water; stir in 1 teaspoon sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Add to sirloin mixture; cook stirring, until sauce is clear.
- 8Add green onions, remove from heat and serve.