Pepper Steak Stir Fry1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1/4 c
- picante sauce
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb
- beef round steak
- 1 medium
- red or green bell pepper
- 1 c
- mushrooms, freshly sliced
- green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- garlic clove, minced
- hot cooked rice
How to Make Pepper Steak Stir Fry
- 1Cut beef round steak into 1 1/2 x 1/4 inch strips.
- 2Cut the pepper into short, thin strips.
- 3Combine picante sauce, water, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger in small bowl; set aside.
- 4In large skillet or wok over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until hot but not smoking.
- 5Add meat and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes; remove with slotted spool set aside.
- 6Drain skillet, if necessary.
- 7Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet.
- 8Add peppers, mushrooms, onions, and garlic to skillet; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- 9Return meat to skillet.
- 10Stir picante sauce mixture and pour into skillet.
- 11Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
- 12Serve over rice with additional picante sauce.