Peggi Anne Tebben
1 lbdeersteak (tenderized) or beef chuck or round
1/3 csoy sauce
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspground ginger or 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh
1/8 ccanola oil
1 smallonion, slivered
1/2 largered or green bell pepper cut into bite size chunks
1 largecan chopped suey vegetables, undrained
1 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
1 cwater with 1 tsp. beef bouillon granules or 1 cube
2 smalltomatoes, cut in wedges or large grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
How to Make PEPPER STEAK
- Cut meat against grain into bite size pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic & ginger in semi-large bowl.
- Add the meat & toss. Set aside for now.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet or fry pan.
- Add meat & toss over med-high heat until browned (about 10 minutes). Deer meat should be tender but if you use beef, taste the beef & if not tender, place lid on & continue cooking another 30 minutes or so on low heat.
- Increase heat & add all the vegetables except the tomatoes.
- Toss until vegetables are tender crisp, (about 10 minutes).
- Mix cornstarch with water. Add to meat mix in pan & stir while cooking until thickened.
- Add tomatoes & heat through.
- Serve with egg noodles or wild rice with mushrooms.