Peggi Anne Tebben
- 1 lb
- deersteak (tenderized) or beef chuck or round
- 1/3 c
- soy sauce
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger or 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh
- 1/8 c
- canola oil
- 1 small
- onion, slivered
- 1/2 large
- red or green bell pepper cut into bite size chunks
- 1 large
- can chopped suey vegetables, undrained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- water with 1 tsp. beef bouillon granules or 1 cube
- 2 small
- tomatoes, cut in wedges or large grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
How to Make PEPPER STEAK
- 1Cut meat against grain into bite size pieces.
- 2Combine soy sauce, garlic & ginger in semi-large bowl.
- 3Add the meat & toss. Set aside for now.
- 4Heat oil in cast iron skillet or fry pan.
- 5Add meat & toss over med-high heat until browned (about 10 minutes). Deer meat should be tender but if you use beef, taste the beef & if not tender, place lid on & continue cooking another 30 minutes or so on low heat.
- 6Increase heat & add all the vegetables except the tomatoes.
- 7Toss until vegetables are tender crisp, (about 10 minutes).
- 8Mix cornstarch with water. Add to meat mix in pan & stir while cooking until thickened.
- 9Add tomatoes & heat through.
- 10Serve with egg noodles or wild rice with mushrooms.