★★★★☆ 6 votes4
1sirloin steak 10-12 ounces
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1/4 cteriyaki sauce
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Pepper Steak
- Combine olive oil, teriyaki and worcestershire sauces to form a marinade for the meat. (Or, you may use a marinade recipe of your choice.)
- Marinade the steak at least a few hours, or overnight in the fridge turning the meat occasionally.
- Crush enough peppercorns to cover the steak on both sides. Put the crushed peppercorns on a cutting board and press the steak onto the peppercorns to coat. Do the same for both sides of the steak.
- Heat a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron with grill lines) and plop the steak into it. Cook both sides evenly until the meat is medium rare, or to your liking. Put the meat on a heated plate.
- Keep the liquid in the skillet and add some wine to deglaze the skillet. (collect all the remains into a sauce).
- Cook (fairly high heat) until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. For more sauce, or Steak au Poivre la Creme, add cream and cook a little longer. (Usually you need to do this to thicken the sauce) Add cognac, cook some more. Sauce should always be thick.
- Serve with Parisienne potatoes. These are really good potatoes--as you know I LOVE cheese.