★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 Tbspoil, to coat bottom of fry pan
1/2 cflour, for flouring the steak
1 largeround steak, tenderized, and cut into serving size pieces
1 can(s)campbells french onion soup
1 to 2green bell peppers, cut into 1/2" strips
·salt and pepper
How to Make Pepper Steak
- Put the oil in the bottom of the fry pan and heat.
- Flour the steak pieces in the flour. Add the salt and pepper to the flour if you want.
- Place the steak in the fry pan, and brown on both sides.
- Turn down the heat, to simmer.
- Mix french onion soup,green bell pepper strips,& ketchup in a bowl.
- Pour over the steak in skillet.
- Simmer 35 minutes to 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- The sauce is great over rice or mashed potatoes.
- My Mom always used an electric skillet to make this, but it can be made in a skillet on the stove top. I bet it would cook great in a slow cooker as well.