★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 Tbsp
- oil, to coat bottom of fry pan
- 1/2 c
- flour, for flouring the steak
- 1 large
- round steak, tenderized, and cut into serving size pieces
- 1 can(s)
- campbells french onion soup
- 1 to 2
- green bell peppers, cut into 1/2" strips
- 1 c
- salt and pepper
How to Make Pepper Steak
- 1Put the oil in the bottom of the fry pan and heat.
- 2Flour the steak pieces in the flour. Add the salt and pepper to the flour if you want.
- 3Place the steak in the fry pan, and brown on both sides.
- 4Turn down the heat, to simmer.
- 5Mix french onion soup,green bell pepper strips,& ketchup in a bowl.
- 6Pour over the steak in skillet.
- 7Simmer 35 minutes to 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 8The sauce is great over rice or mashed potatoes.
- 9My Mom always used an electric skillet to make this, but it can be made in a skillet on the stove top. I bet it would cook great in a slow cooker as well.