1 1/2 lbsliced beef, london broil or flank steak
2 Tbspvegetable oil
2 Tbspminced garlic
1 largeonion cut in chunks
2 largegreen or red bell peppers cut in slices
1 1/2 cbeef stock
4 to 6 dash(es)soy sauce
1/2 tspground ginger
·salt & pepper
·cornstarch and water
·serve over white rice
How to Make Pepper Steak
- Slice the beef into thin strips, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In hot fry pan, fry meat in oil until the pink is gone.
- add garlic and onions, cook for 5 minutes.
- add peppers, beef stock, soy sauce and ginger. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- mix a few teaspoons of cornstarch in a few splashes of water in a small glass.
- remove lid and raise temp up to high. move meat and veggies to sides of pan. in the middle where the broth is, add the cornstarch and water and stir until blended.
- bring broth to a boil and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, or until reduced.
- Serve over white rice.