★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- beef, roast
- 2 tsp
- black pepper
- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pkg
- onion soup mix
- 2 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- steak sauce
- carrots, sliced
- stalks celery, sliced
- green bell pepper chopped
- yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- tomato juice
How to Make Pepper Roast
- 1Cut beef roast into serving-sized portions. (Use more beef if you need more than 6 servings.)
- 2Brown beef in a bit of vegetable oil, although you can skip this step if rushed for time.
- 3Slice onion and separate into rings.
- 4Dice the peeled carrots, dice the celery and slice the peppers into thin strips or circles.
- 5Place these into bottom of crockpot and then sprinkle the beef pieces with fresh ground black pepper, minced garlic and the onion soup mix and place on top of the vegetables.
- 6Mix the steak sauce and worcestershire sauce in a small bowl with about 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup tomato juice and pour this over the meat.
- 7Turn the crockpot to high for 30 minutes, or, if you're in a hurry, skip this step.
- 8Turn to low, cover and cook for 7-9 hours.
- 9Keep the crockpot covered as much as possible throughout cooking time.
- 10A crockpot can be used to cook this type of meal for a varied amount of time, depending on your schedule. It is not important that you take the meat and vegetables out at a specific amount of time; one or two hours either way usually makes no difference.
- 11When ready to serve, dip meat and vegetables out of pot with a slotted spoon.
- 12Use the liquid as is or turn crockpot to high and thicken liquid with a little flour or cornstarch.