Pepper Coated Roast Beef with Red Pepper Basil Butter1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbeye of round roast
1/3 cdijon mustard
3 Tbsppepper, freshly ground
3/4 cbutter, softened
7 ozred peppers, roasted, drained
3 Tbspfresh basil, finely chopped
3 Tbspfresh parsley, minced
How to Make Pepper Coated Roast Beef with Red Pepper Basil Butter
- Heat oven to 425 and set a wire rack into a shallow roasting pan.
- Rub roast with mustard.
- Sprinkle pepper evenly over all sides of beef.
- Place roast on rack in pan.
- Roast 45-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 145 degrees.
- Remove roast to carving board, cover loosely with foil and let rest about 10 minutes (temperature will rise about 5 degrees).
- Meanwhile beat butter in a small bowl with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until fluffy.
- Stir in minced peppers, basil and parsley.
- To serve: Thinly slice meat across grain and serve flavored butter on the side to spread over beef while hot.