Pepper Coated Roast Beef with Red Pepper Basil Butter1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbeye of round roast
1/3 cdijon mustard
3 Tbsppeppercorns, cracked
1 jar(s)roasted red pepper strips, the kind from a jar
3 Tbspfresh basil, finely chopped
3 Tbspfresh parsley, minced
How to Make Pepper Coated Roast Beef with Red Pepper Basil Butter
- Let roast sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Set a wire rack into a shallow roasting pan.
- Rub roast with mustard.
- Sprinkle pepper evenly over all sides of beef.
- Place roast on rack in pan.
- Roast 45 to 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 145 degrees.
- Remove roast to carving board, cover loosely with foil and let rest about 10 minutes (temperature will rise about to 150 for medium rare.)
- Meanwhile rinse peppers and dry them on paper towels then mince them.
- Beat butter in a small bowl with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until fluffy.
- Stir in minced peppers, basil and parsley.
- To serve: Thinly slice meat across the grain.
- Serve flavored butter on the side to spread over beef while hot.