PEGGI'S BEER BRISKET
Peggi Anne Tebben
- 1 (4 pound) beef brisket,
- salt to taste
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
How to Make PEGGI'S BEER BRISKET
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°. You may use an electric roaster also.
- 2Season the beef brisket with salt, and place in a baking dish. Cover the entire roast with onion slices.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix together the beer, brown sugar, beef bouillon, pepper, garlic bay leaf and thyme. Pour over the roast. Cover with aluminum foil. If using a roaster, don't use foil.
- 4Bake for 4 hours in the preheated oven. The brisket should be forktender.
- 5Mix together the cornstarch and water; stir into the juices in the baking dish to thicken. Remove the bay leaf.
- 6Slice & serve the meat.