PEGGI'S BEER BRISKET
Peggi Anne Tebben
·1 (4 pound) beef brisket,
·salt to taste
·1 large onion, sliced
·1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
·1 tablespoon brown sugar
·1 cube beef bouillon
·2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
·2 teaspoons minced garlic
·1 bay leaf
·1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
·2 tablespoons cornstarch
·2 tablespoons water
How to Make PEGGI'S BEER BRISKET
- Preheat the oven to 350°. You may use an electric roaster also.
- Season the beef brisket with salt, and place in a baking dish. Cover the entire roast with onion slices.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beer, brown sugar, beef bouillon, pepper, garlic bay leaf and thyme. Pour over the roast. Cover with aluminum foil. If using a roaster, don't use foil.
- Bake for 4 hours in the preheated oven. The brisket should be forktender.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water; stir into the juices in the baking dish to thicken. Remove the bay leaf.
- Slice & serve the meat.