By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbground beef
1/4 conion, finely chopped
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/4 ccorn flake crumbs
1 largeegg, lighly beaten
8 oztomato sauce
1 tspitalian seasoning
6 slicemozzarella cheese
How to Make Patties Parmigiana
- Mix the meat, onion, salt, worcestershire sauce and pepper together.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Mix parmesan cheese and cornflake crumbs.
- Dip the patties into the egg, then coat them with the cornflake mixture.
- Brown the patties in a large skillet over medium heat, turning once (if the ground beef is lean, it may be necessary to add a small amount of shortening or salad oil to the skillet when browning the patties).
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning and pour over the patties in the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese and cover.
- Heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the leftover sauce over the patties.