Pâte Chinois (Quebec's Sheperd's Pie)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Traditional Quebec Cooking by Micheline-Mongrain-Dontigny.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- leftover cooked beef with cooking juice (or 1 lb. ground beef)
- 1 14-oz can(s)
- creamed corn
- 3 c
- mashed potatoes
How to Make Pâte Chinois (Quebec's Sheperd's Pie)
- 1If using leftover beef, grind and mix with cooking juice. If using ground beef, saute in oil or butter.
- 2Place meat in an oven casserole, cover with creamed corn and finish with mashed potatoes.
- 3Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4Bake for about 45 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- 5Serve with homemade ketchup and pickles.