★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 lbground beef
1 cparmesan cheese
2 csofrito note*
2 tspsalt and pepper (each)
1 tsponion powder
1 tspcumin powder
1 tsporegano, dried
2 Tbspcanola oil
1/2 can(s)tomato sauce
How to Make Pastelon (Sweet plaintain Pie)
- Note* Sofrito: 1 med.onion,1 green pepper 3 garlic cloves 1teaspoon parsley.
Chop all ingridients in a blender. You can add a few teasp.of water or oil. set aside.
- cut the ends off the platains and cook in water for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the 2 tbsp oil, season the meat with salt, pepper,garlic powder,cumin powder and oregano. and cook the meat in the oil until no longer pink. Add the sofrito and cook until the meat absorded all the liquid, add the tomatoe sauce.and mix.
- Drain the plantains and peel them, with a potatoe masher, mash the plaintains until smooth (you can add butter to make it easier). In a 13 by 9 baking pan or dish put a 1/4 inch thick layer of the plantain, covering the bottom of the pan. Add the meat on top of the plantain sprinkle cheese on top. Add the rest of the mashed plantain on top of meat and chesse and add the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at a preheated oven 375 degrees, for 15 minutes.
Note: you can also peel the plantains and cut them in 1/4 inch long strips and fry them in oil until lightly browned and layer them in the bottom of pan doing the same process as the mash, and beating 4 eggs and pouring some on top of meat and the rest at the end before adding the last of the chesse. Also you can use chedder cheese and mozarella instead of the parmesan cheese.