French Onion Meatballs w/gravy or bbq sauce
Cook time may vary according to size of the meatballs.
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium can durkee french onions (or 1 1/2 small cans) - diced small
- 2 lrg eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- few dashes of garlic salt or powder (per taste)
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce or a-1 steaksauce
- salt/pepper to taste
How to Make French Onion Meatballs w/gravy or bbq sauce
- 1Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees
In med-lrg mixing bowl add beef and ground pork, mix together .. add all other dry ingredients , then eggs. Mix well ... form meatballs (a bit larger than walnut size) and place in large baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Bake approx 30-35 minutes. When meatballs are nicely browned remove from oven.
Serve on platter with w/toothpicks and favorite gravy or dipping sauce.
- 2Note: you can make a delicious gravy from the leftover drippings from meatballs if you choose.
Gravy directions and ingredients:
Add 1 heaping tbs flour or "Wondra" to 1/2 cup ice cold water, stir until well mixed (no clumps) .. add flour mixture to hot drippings, stir well ... add a few drops of gravy master or kitchen bouquet ... a few shakes of garlic powder ... salt and pepper to taste . Raise stove heat to medium, slowing add approx. 1 1/2 cups of water ...stir until smooth .
- 3Suggestion: add a small can of mushroom pieces and stems to gravy.