☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
3 Tbspall purpose flour
2 Tbspvegetable oil
2 Tbspcurry powder, red
2 Tbsppeanut butter
1 Tbspnam pla (fish sauce)
2/3 cgrated unsweetened coconut (for sauce, see below)
1 1/3 cboiling water (for sauce, see below)
How to Make Panang Meatballs
- Shape ground beef into 24 1-inch balls; coat lightly with flour.
- In skillet cook meatballs in hot oil 10 to 15 minutes or till brown, shaking pan frequently to keep meatballs round. Drain meatballs, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add curry paste to reserved drippings; cook and stir over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in peanut butter, sugar, and fish sauce; mix well.
- Add coconut milk (see below).
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Add meatballs to coconut milk mixture. Cover; cook 3 to 5 minutes till meatballs are heated through.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- COCONUT MILK:
Stir together 2/3 cup unsweetened grated coconut and 1 1/3 cups boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Place mixture in blender container. Cover; blend 1 minute. Makes 1 1/3 cups.