Pan Broiled Steak with Whiskey Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largebeef steak, 2" thick
1 Tbspblack peppercorns, freshly cracked
3garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tspsalt, coarse
2 Tbsponion, chopped
1garlic clove, minced
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 dash(es)pepper sauce
How to Make Pan Broiled Steak with Whiskey Sauce
- Pour off any fat from cooking the steak.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook slowly until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for a minute or two.
- Pour over steaks.
- Trim excess fat from outside the steak.
- Press crushed peppercorns and garlic into both sides of the meat and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Grease the bottom of the hot skillet with a piece of fat trimmed off the steak.
- Toss in about half of the salt.
- Sear the steak or steaks quickly on one side, then lift out, add the remaining salt to the skillet, turn the steak, and sear the other side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the steaks as desired.
- Remove to a warm platter.
- Pour sauce over steaks and serve.