Pan Broiled Steak with Tomatoes & Garlic1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 c
- tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 1 dash(es)
- pepper, freshly ground
- salt to taste
- 3 lb
- t-bone steak
How to Make Pan Broiled Steak with Tomatoes & Garlic
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a heavy 8 inch skillet over moderate heat.
- 2Remove the pan from the heat, add the garlic, and stir for 30 seconds with a wooden spoon.
- 3Add the tomatoes, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few grindings of pepper, and cook over moderate heat, stirring with the wooden spoon.
- 4When the tomato liquid has boiled away, remove the pan from the heat.
- 5In a 10 inch skillet, heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil.
- 6Over high heat, brown the steak in the oil for a couple of minutes on each side.
- 7Reduce the heat to moderate and spoon the tomato sauce over and around the meat.
- 8Cover and cook for three to five minutes, or until the steak is done to your taste.
- 9To test, make a small incision near the bone, and judge the redness of the meat.
- 10To serve, scrape off the tomato sauce, and transfer the steak to a carving board.
- 11Simmer the sauce for 1-2 minutes, scraping in any residue from the bottom of the pan.
- 12Taste for seasoning.
- 13Slice the steak and serve with sauce.