Pan Broiled Steak with Tomatoes & Garlic1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 Tbspolive oil
1 tspgarlic cloves, finely chopped
2 ctomatoes, sliced
1 tsporegano, dried
1 dash(es)pepper, freshly ground
·salt to taste
3 lbt-bone steak
How to Make Pan Broiled Steak with Tomatoes & Garlic
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a heavy 8 inch skillet over moderate heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the garlic, and stir for 30 seconds with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few grindings of pepper, and cook over moderate heat, stirring with the wooden spoon.
- When the tomato liquid has boiled away, remove the pan from the heat.
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Over high heat, brown the steak in the oil for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat to moderate and spoon the tomato sauce over and around the meat.
- Cover and cook for three to five minutes, or until the steak is done to your taste.
- To test, make a small incision near the bone, and judge the redness of the meat.
- To serve, scrape off the tomato sauce, and transfer the steak to a carving board.
- Simmer the sauce for 1-2 minutes, scraping in any residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Slice the steak and serve with sauce.