Pam's Gravy Train
1/4 cchopped onion (optional)
3 to 4 Tbspflour
1 dash(es)garlic powder
1 to 2 tspworcestershire sauce
1 tspbv beef flavoring or beef bouillion
·pepper and salt to taste (bouillion is usually salty enough.)
1/4 tspcurry powder (optional for a different taste)
How to Make Pam's Gravy Train
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger and onions, breaking up the burger into small bits. Cook til done.
- Pour off all but about 3 Tbsp of the fat from frying the burger and mix in the flour. Cook for a minute or two at medium heat to cook off the flour taste.
- Add the milk and stir continuously until well blended with the roux mixture. Cook over medium to medium high heat, stirring occasionally until thickened. Be careful not to scorch the milk.
- Turn heat to low and add seasonings. Continue to simmer and stir til it reaches the desired thickness. Adjust seasonings and serve hot over toast, mashed potatoes or cooked noodles.
- I wanted to add that I love the flavor of curry, so I do occasionally add curry powder to this gravy for a different flavor. Usually when I do, I serve it over rice.