Pain De Viande Aux Tomates De Maman
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
You'll get a meatloaf with a sauce in one dish. It's also very good if baked in the microwave.
From Traditional Quebec Cooking by Micheline-Mongrain-Dontigny.
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 10-oz can(s)
- tomato soup
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- dry breadcrumbs (or quick cooking oatmeal)
- salt and pepper
How to Make Pain De Viande Aux Tomates De Maman
- 1Mix all ingredients except tomato soup.
- 2Pour mixture into a bread pan or into a glassware casserole if cooked in the microwave.
- 3Mix tomato soup with 1/2 cup cold water. Pour on top of meatloaf.
- 4Cook for one hour at 350F.
- 5If using a microwave, reduce water to 1/3 cup (90 mL), cover and microwave at 80% for 10 minutes, turn dish and microwave for another 10 minutes at 80%; let stand for 5 minutes before serving.