Oven Swiss Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- bacon strips
- 2 lb
- round steak, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 c
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, undrained, 14 1/2 ounces
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 2 tsp
- dried tarragon
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- whipping cream
How to Make Oven Swiss Steak
- 1In a large ovenproof skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove, crumble and set aside.
- 3Discard all but 1/4 cup drippings.
- 4Trim beef; cut into serving-size pieces.
- 5Brown on both sides in drippings.
- 6Top meat with mushrooms, tomatoes and onion.
- 7Sprinkle with tarragon and bacon.
- 8Cover and bake at 325 for 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours or until meat is tender, basting twice.
- 9Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 10Combine cornstarch and water; add to skillet and bring to a boil.
- 11Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 12Reduce heat; stir in cream.
- 13Simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 14Serve over meat.
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment