Oven Swiss Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbround steak, 3/4 inch thick
2 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can(s)diced tomatoes, undrained, 14 1/2 ounces
1/2 cchopped onion
2 tspdried tarragon
1 cwhipping cream
How to Make Oven Swiss Steak
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove, crumble and set aside.
- Discard all but 1/4 cup drippings.
- Trim beef; cut into serving-size pieces.
- Brown on both sides in drippings.
- Top meat with mushrooms, tomatoes and onion.
- Sprinkle with tarragon and bacon.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours or until meat is tender, basting twice.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water; add to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in cream.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over meat.