★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 lbchuck roast, cut in 2" thick pieces
1beef bouillon cube
1 cboiling water
1/2 tspground savory
2 ozmushrooms, drained
How to Make Oven-Roasted Beef Au Jus
- Rub surface of roast with salt and pepper.
- Place the roast on a rack in a shallow open pan.
- Insert roast meat thermometer into the center of the thickest portion.
- Roast in 325 oven about 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until the meat thermometer reaches 160 for a medium done roast.
- Remove roast to warm platter.
- Serve with hot seasoned juices from pan.
- AU JUS: Add a small amount hot water and stir the brown bits from pan and rack into the drippings.
- Measure drippings.
- Add dissolved bouillon to bring drippings to 2 cups.
- Pour into roasting pan. Blend in herbs and mushrooms.
- Simmer 5 minutes.