Our Juicy Lucy
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 - 4 lb
- 1 - 2 pkg
- lipton onion soup mix
- mozzarella cheese
- cheddar cheese
- any toppings like on burger
- hamburger buns
How to Make Our Juicy Lucy
- 1Depending on how many you are wanting to make and how big will depend on how much meat and soup mix to use. Also just use as much of either cheeses or your favorite cheeses.
- 2For every 2lbs of meat use one package of soup mix mix together until well combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour makes shaping easier.
- 3While waiting for the meat to chill. Cut the amount of the cheeses that you would like to have inside the burgers, you can fit a lot since it will be sealed inside.
- 4Cut up all the toppings you and your family like on your burgers, set aside.
- 5When meat is done chilling take out and make balls about a half cup of meat to each ball. Use two pieces of wax paper to sandwich the ball and flatten till about a half inch thick continue till all meat is shaped into the patties.
- 6Take one patty remove top wax paper put desired amount of cheese onto middle of patty, take another patty remove top piece of wax paper and put meat patty onto the top of the cheese. Now can pick up patty inside the wax paper and close the seam of the two patties, so it looks like one patty. Mine looked pregnant in the middle but flattened out during cooking. Continue till all patties have done.
- 7Now cooking method and length also depends on your individual tastes. For burger pictured I used the stove top and a frying pan, I got pan hot first, than cooked for about 10-15 minutes each side. But I am sure you can cook longer shorter on a grill or what ever. Will be making these on the grill hopefully soon and when I do will submit a picture.