Our Family Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe's really good and really easy! Throw it in the Crock Pot in the morning, and your house will smell amazing all day while it's cooking. The meat is very tender and the flavor is fabulous. Great for tailgates, movie night or an easy weeknight dinner! The Test Kitchen
- 1 1/2 lb
- beef round steak/cut into strips
- 1 medium
- green pepper/sliced thin
- 1 medium
- onion/sliced thin
- 1 can(s)
- vegetable broth (can also use beef), 14 oz.
- envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 large
- loaf French bread, sliced into sandwich lengths
- 6 slice
- provolone or American cheese
How to Make Our Family Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 1Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- 2Place cut meat strips into slow cooker.
- 3TIP: cut meat when semi-frozen for easier thinner slices.
- 4Add green pepper, onions, broth, and dressing mix.
- 5Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
Or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- 6Spoon meat into bread, top with a slice of cheese.
- 7OR: Toast bread in a 375 degree oven for 5-10 minutes. Add meat, cover with cheese, bake 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- 8We like extra cheese on ours. These are SO good!