Oriental Pepper Steak
2 tspprepared minced garlic
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 lbround steak *4 large* cut in strips and halved
2 tspeach black pepper and seasoning salt
1 largesweet onion coarsly shopped
1 largeripe tomato, diced
3 largebell peppers, any color cut in strips
1/4 csoy sauce
1 can(s)beef broth
2 tspmccormicks stir fry seasoning, or mrs. dash
How to Make Oriental Pepper Steak
- place meat and onion in large bowl and toss the salt. pepper and garlic over and thru it. cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- In your largest skillet on Medium high heat, Place olive oil and spread meat mixture over. stir occassionally until meat browns and onion starts to carmelize.
- add the diced tomato and stir in. let it simmer with meat uncovered until it "disappears" about 15 minutes. turn heat down if necessary.
- add the pepper strips, stirring them in. cook until peppers are almost tender.
- add 1/4 cup soy sauce to skillet and stir
- place 1/2 cup broth aside and add corn starch to it.
- pour rest of can of broth into skillet. let it come to a simmery boil. add the cornstarch/broth "stir" to make sure it is mixed.
- add the Mrs. dash at this point . stir and it is ready to serve over steamed rice or chinese noodles.