Oriental Hamburger Stir Fry
1 lbground beef
1 can(s)whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can(s)(small) sliced mushrooms, undrained
6-8black olives, pitted & sliced
1-2 Tbspsoy sauce
1 Tbspgarlic powder, or adobo brand seasoning
·cornstarch, for thickening
TO PAIR IT WITH MASHED POTATOES
6red potatoes, skins on, cut up
·butter, milk, pepper for mashed potatoes
How to Make Oriental Hamburger Stir Fry
- In frypan, brown ground beef & drain well.
- Add garlic, corn & mushrooms, with juice from cans.
- Add sliced black olives & soy sauce. Simmer.
- Dissolve some cornstarch in 2-3 oz. water & use to thicken juices in hamburger mixture.
- Meanwhile, cut up red potatoes with skins.
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Place in large bowl. Mash well.
- Add butter, milk, pepper to taste & consistency. Blend well with electric mixer.
- Serve Hamburger mixture along with mashed red potatoes.