Oriental Beef with Ginger
Hope this is a hit for your family.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 Tbspvegetable oil (split)
1/2 tspfresh ginger root, finely chopped
1garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
1 conions, sliced
1green pepper, in 1/4 inch slices
1 ccelery, sliced diagonally
1 cbok choi stems chopped
1bunch bok choi leaves cut in 1/2" ribbons
1 cbeef stock
2 Tbspsoy sauce (see note)
1 tspgranulated sugar
1 lbboneless beef steak, sirloin or round, thinly sliced
3 mediumtomatoes, peeled and quartered
·salt and pepper to taste
4servings hot cooked rice
How to Make Oriental Beef with Ginger
- Note: To vary this dish, add broccoli florets or bok choi, coarsely chopped.
- In a wok or heavy skillet, heat the oil.
- Add ginger, garlic, onions, green pepper and celery; Bok Choi Stems; saute several minutes, stirring, until tender-crisp. (Medium-High Heat) about 4 min. Then add Bok Choi leaves, stir-fry about 2 min. until bright green.
- Remove vegetables. Clean Wok or Skillet.
- (Can be done up to this point in advance, if desired.)
- Combine stock, soy sauce, sugar, salt and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat clean skillet or Wok, adding remaining 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Add beef and sear quickly, stirring frequently, several minutes.
- Add stock-soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Add reserved cooked vegetables.
- Add quartered tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.