Oriental Beef and Couscous1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 capricot preserves, all fruit type
1 Tbsplow sodium soy sauce
1/2 tspginger, grated
1/8 tspred pepper, crushed
3/4 ozbeef flank, trimmed
1 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cgreen pepper strips
1 cred pepper strips
2green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
How to Make Oriental Beef and Couscous
- Cook couscous according to package directions on the range top, except omit margarine or butter and salt.
- For sauce, stir together preserves, soy sauce, gingerroot and crushed red pepper; set aside. Thinly slice steak on the bias into bite-size strips.
- Place beef strips in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cover and micro-cook on 100% power (high) for 5 or 6 minutes.
- For low-wattage ovens: cook 8 to 9 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Remove meat and discard juices.
- In the casserole place mushrooms, green and red pepper strips and green onions.
- Pour sauce mixture over the vegetables.
- Toss gently until mixed.
- Cover and micro-cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes (low wattage ovens: 7 to 8 minutes) or until pepper strips are crisp-tender, stirring after every minute.
- Stir together vinegar and cornstarch, then add mixture to casserole.
- Stir in meat.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on high for 3 to 4 minutes (low wattage ovens: 5 to 6 minutes) or until mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring after every minute.
- Serve with cooked couscous.