Oriental Beef and Couscous1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2/3 c
- 1/2 c
- apricot preserves, all fruit type
- 1 Tbsp
- low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- ginger, grated
- 1/8 tsp
- red pepper, crushed
- 3/4 oz
- beef flank, trimmed
- 1 c
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c
- green pepper strips
- 1 c
- red pepper strips
- green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp
How to Make Oriental Beef and Couscous
- 1Cook couscous according to package directions on the range top, except omit margarine or butter and salt.
- 2For sauce, stir together preserves, soy sauce, gingerroot and crushed red pepper; set aside. Thinly slice steak on the bias into bite-size strips.
- 3Place beef strips in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- 4Cover and micro-cook on 100% power (high) for 5 or 6 minutes.
- 5For low-wattage ovens: cook 8 to 9 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring after 3 minutes.
- 6Remove meat and discard juices.
- 7In the casserole place mushrooms, green and red pepper strips and green onions.
- 8Pour sauce mixture over the vegetables.
- 9Toss gently until mixed.
- 10Cover and micro-cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes (low wattage ovens: 7 to 8 minutes) or until pepper strips are crisp-tender, stirring after every minute.
- 11Stir together vinegar and cornstarch, then add mixture to casserole.
- 12Stir in meat.
- 13Micro-cook, uncovered, on high for 3 to 4 minutes (low wattage ovens: 5 to 6 minutes) or until mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring after every minute.
- 14Serve with cooked couscous.