Opa Burgers on the Grill
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- 80/20 ground beef or chuck
- 1 lb
- ground sausage or pork
- onion, peeled and shredded w/juice
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder if desired
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Opa Burgers on the Grill
- 1Shred onions into a large mixing bowl. Do NOT chop. Shredding onions creates the juice, which is what you want for flavor.
- 2Add the hamburger and sausage to the shredded onion. Make sure to use 80/20 hamburger or chuck. The fat will drip off with the grilling. Lean ground beef makes the hamburgers dry.
- 3Add salt, pepper and garlic if desired. Alternatively, you may salt and pepper the hamburgers after you form them into patties.
- 4With clean hands, combine mixture well and form into patties. This recipe will make 8 - 10 hamburgers depending on how big you make the patties.
- 5Grill on grill until desired doneness. These taste best on a charcoal grill, but are wonderful on a gas grill too. You can even do them in a George Foreman. Enjoy!