How to Make Onion Smothered Strip Steak
- in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat and add the onions, 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. cook for 18-20 minutes or until the onions are very tender and have begun to brown, stirring occasionally.
- sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper and the garlic powder over the steaks on both sides and place on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- broil for 7-9 minutes for medium rare or until desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking.
- cover the steak evenly with the onions and serve.
- you can try your favorite cut of steak, or even beef or calves liver. they all work.