OLD SCHOOL MEATLOAF
This was (and still is) a family favorite.
Before I preheat the oven, I prepare potatoes to bake. Place the potatoes in the oven when I turn it on, and when the meatloaf is done, so are the potatoes. All is needed is a veggie...supper is ready!
- 2 lb
- ground beef (i prefer 85/15)
- 1 c
- quick oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- minced onion flakes(optional--or may be increased)
- salt & pepper to taste...sparingly!
- 2/3 c
- 1/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
How to Make OLD SCHOOL MEATLOAF
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 375
Using a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, ketchup, oatmeal,onion flakes, salt and pepper; stir until well mixed. Add ground beef; stir well--then use hands to mix well; this is the secret to a GREAT meatloaf. Using hands, form a loaf in a baking dish (10x12, 9x13, etc.) Pack/press the loaft to be form a firm loaf.
- 2Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, yellow mustard, mix well. Spread over top of entire meatloaf, before placing in oven to bake.
- 3Place in oven, uncovered. Allow to bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes--should be done, and not pink in middle