old school cafeteria "Pizza Burgers"
These can be made in the oven or done on a grill. make them many and put them on crackers as an appetizer.
This recipe is over 40 years old. I ate them at school. Then have been making them ever since
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder with parsley
- 1 small
- onion diced (optional)
- 16 slice
- pizza pepperoni slices (my addition not in orginal school recipe)
- 8 slice
- american cheese
- cherry tomatoes (we omit these)
- hamburger buns toasted. (each half will be anopen faced sandwitch)
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
How to Make old school cafeteria "Pizza Burgers"
- 1Mix hamburger. tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese and diced onions together.
shape into 8 burgers. and flatten onto a lipped baking pan. put in oven on 400 turning once until done.
Top with 2 pieces of pepperoni, then braking the single in half Cris cross over top of burger. Broil to melt cheese and put each burger on a 1/2 of a bun. making 8 open faced burgers. Top with a cherry tomato cut in half