Old School Beef Stroganoff
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lblondon broil
·salt and pepper
1 cchopped onion
4 ozcan mushrooms
1 ctomato juice
1 csour cream
How to Make Old School Beef Stroganoff
- Cut meat into 1 inch cubes.
- Drain mushrooms into measuring cup and add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Salt and pepper meat and dredge in flour.
- Brown in oil in batches.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Add all meat back to pan.
- Add water mixture and tomato juice to pan. Cover and simmer until tender, about 1.5 hours.
- Stir in mushrooms and sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over rice. Rice is a southern tradition, you can substitute egg noodles.