1 1/2 csliced onions
1/3 cbacon drippings
1 1/2 lbround steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/3 call purpose flour
1 tspsea salt
1/4 tspfresh ground black pepper
3 1/4 cboiling water
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 craw potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 boxfrozen pie crust
How to Make Old New England Beefsteak Pie
- Remove pie crust from freezer and allow it to come to room temperature
- Fry onions slowly in hot bacon drippings until soft.
- Remove and save.
- Roll meat in mixture of flour and seasoning and brown in bacon drippings.
- Add boiling water and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle in any remaining flour.
- Cover, simmer until meat is tender (about 1 hour).
- Add potatoes, cook 10 minutes longer.
- Pour meat into a well-greased oblong ( 13 x 9 ) baking pan.
- Place onions on top.
- Cover completely with the pie crust
- Bake in a hot oven (450 F.) for 30 minutes