Old-Fashioned Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 lb
- beef chuck roast
- 6 Tbsp
- flour, divided
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 3 c
- hot water
- 2 tsp
- beef bouillon granules
- 1 medium
- onion, quartered
- rib celery, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- carrots, cut into 2" pieces
How to Make Old-Fashioned Pot Roast
- 1Sprinkle the roast with 1 tablespoon flour.
- 2In a dutch oven, brown the roast on all sides in half of the butter.
- 3Add the water, bouillon, onion, celery, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 5Add carrots and cover and simmer 45-60 minutes longer or until meat is tender.
- 6Remove meat and carrots to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking juices; set aside.
- 7In the same dutch oven, melt remaining butter.
- 8Stir in remaining flour; cook and stir until bubbly.
- 9Add 2 cups of the cooking juices and blend until smooth.
- 10Cook and stir until thickened; add additional cooking juices until gravy has desired consistency.