Old-Fashioned Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbbeef chuck roast
6 Tbspflour, divided
6 Tbspbutter, divided
3 chot water
2 tspbeef bouillon granules
1 mediumonion, quartered
1rib celery, cut into pieces
4carrots, cut into 2" pieces
How to Make Old-Fashioned Pot Roast
- Sprinkle the roast with 1 tablespoon flour.
- In a dutch oven, brown the roast on all sides in half of the butter.
- Add the water, bouillon, onion, celery, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add carrots and cover and simmer 45-60 minutes longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and carrots to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking juices; set aside.
- In the same dutch oven, melt remaining butter.
- Stir in remaining flour; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Add 2 cups of the cooking juices and blend until smooth.
- Cook and stir until thickened; add additional cooking juices until gravy has desired consistency.