Old Fashioned Pot Roast and Gravy
My sweetie loves gravy and this recipie is loved by every man I ever cooked it for. If you have a man that you want to impress, fix this for him.
Because it is cooked in the slowcooker, it always comes out fork tender, and supper is ready when you come home.
On one note thoough, I like mashed potatoes because of the gravy, but you certainly could cook potatoes in here too,Just use whole small new potatoes, they don't get so mushy as larger ones.
3 lbany type beef roast, chuck, london broil, antyhing that is on sale
1 Tbspvegtable oil
2 sprig(s)celery tops, chopped
1 can(s)beer, any kind cook likes
1/2 smallbag baby carrots ( if you love cooked carrots, use the whole bag)
10 ozbag frozen pearl onions.
14 ozcan beef broth
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper, or to taste
2 mediumbay leaves
1/2 tspdried parsley
1/2 ccold water
1 tspgravy master optional
How to Make Old Fashioned Pot Roast and Gravy
- Brown the roast in vegtable oil, turning to brown on all sides.
- Put a disposable crock pot liner in your cooker.
- Put your veggies, celery tops, beef broth,and seasonings in.
- Put browned meat on top of veggies.
- In the pan that you browned the roast in, pour 1/2 can of beer, bring to boil to deglaze all those lovely crunchies. That's where all the love is.
- Pour the beer mixture over the meat, the other half of the can either give to the nearest man,or the cook can have it!
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When you are just about ready to eat, remove the meat and veggies, put on a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Pour the juices from the slow cooker into a fry pan, makes it easier to boil the gravy, and use a spatula instead of a spoon.
- Combine all the gravy ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the cooking juices to a gentle boil, add your gravy ingredients a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened.