★★★★★ 1 vote5
1.5 lblean ground beef
1/2 tspdry mustard
1 tspworcestershire sauce
2 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Old Fashioned Hamburgers
- Shape the beef into 6 thick patties.
- In a large heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoons of the butter and add the patties and cook to the desired doneness.
- Meanwhile stir the remaining ingredients together adding 2 teaspoons of water to them.
- Remove the patties to hot plates and cut 2 gashes in each and sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Top each patty with a teaspoon of butter.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of water into the skillet and bring to a boil then pour over the burgers.
- Serve at once.