OKLAHOMA STYLE BRISKET SANDWICHES
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Easy! Easy! Easy! The Kitchen Crew and I were so pleased with this cooking technique. It can sometimes be difficult to get brisket to just the right tenderness, and Eddie's recipe sure does do the trick. These sandwiches would be a great choice for the big game or your next potluck. The Test Kitchen
2 1/2 lbbeef brisket, trimed of fat
1 largeonion sliced
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
4 tspbrown sugar, lightly packed
2 tspinstant coffee granules
1/2 tspkosher salt
·6 to 8 rolls or buns
How to Make OKLAHOMA STYLE BRISKET SANDWICHES
- Place brisket in dutch oven or slow cooker.
- Add onions, bay leaves, and water to cover about 6 cup's.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Drain and save cooking liquid for soup stock
- Place brisket and onions in a 2 quart rectanular baking dish.
- FOR SAUCE: Stir together ketchup, worcestershire sauce,brown sugar, coffee granules, and 2 Tbsp. water
- Spoon over brisket.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven let sit for 15 minutes
- Thinly slice across the grain.
- Serve on buns or rolls.
- Put remaining sauce in a gravy boat for people to help themselves.