OKLAHOMA STYLE BRISKET SANDWICHES
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Easy! Easy! Easy! The Kitchen Crew and I were so pleased with this cooking technique. It can sometimes be difficult to get brisket to just the right tenderness, and Eddie's recipe sure does do the trick. These sandwiches would be a great choice for the big game or your next potluck. The Test Kitchen
- 2 1/2 lb
- beef brisket, trimed of fat
- 1 large
- onion sliced
- bay leaves
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tsp
- instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 6 to 8 rolls or buns
How to Make OKLAHOMA STYLE BRISKET SANDWICHES
- 1Place brisket in dutch oven or slow cooker.
- 2Add onions, bay leaves, and water to cover about 6 cup's.
- 3Bring to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 5Drain and save cooking liquid for soup stock
- 6Place brisket and onions in a 2 quart rectanular baking dish.
- 7FOR SAUCE: Stir together ketchup, worcestershire sauce,brown sugar, coffee granules, and 2 Tbsp. water
- 8Spoon over brisket.
- 9Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven let sit for 15 minutes
- 11Thinly slice across the grain.
- 12Serve on buns or rolls.
- 13Put remaining sauce in a gravy boat for people to help themselves.